Our Medical Malpractice Firm Gives Patients A Chance In A Difficult System
Medical malpractice law in Indiana is complicated and specific. Proving medical negligence is difficult, and the litigation process is very long, comprehensive and costly.
At Park Woody Vaughan, P.C., our attorneys have more than 70 years of collective experience navigating Indiana’s medical malpractice laws. Our clients benefit from our experience and history of successful recoveries. We are your compassionate advocates, tirelessly fighting for justice.
Medical professionals are only human. They make mistakes. But those mistakes can be catastrophic. Call us at 317-231-1100 for a free consultation if you think you have a case.
Medical Negligence Takes Many Forms
Our attorneys have probably handled a case like yours, including:
- Misdiagnosis of medical conditions — The wrong diagnosis can delay needed treatment or lead to harmful or unnecessary treatment.
- Failure to diagnose — When a patient is not diagnosed at a treatable stage, the result may be irreversible injury or death.
- Birth injuries — Pregnancy, labor and delivery are fraught with complications. Careless errors or wrong technique can leave the baby with permanent disabilities.
- Surgical negligence — There may be negligence in the surgery, problems with anesthesia or post-operative complications that go unnoticed.
- Medication errors — Prescription errors by doctors or hospital pharmacists, or errors by nurses in administering drugs can cause irreversible harm.
- Emergency room malpractice — The actions and decisions of ER doctors and nurses can lifesaving … or life-threatening.
- Hospital negligence — Nurses, radiologists, technicians and other hospital staff often cause or contribute to medical tragedies.
- Nursing home negligence — Infected bedsores, untreated illness, undiagnosed fractures, or malnourishment may be a sign of substandard medical care at the facility.
Has A Surgical Error Left You Or A Family Member Permanently Injured?
Unfortunately, surgical mistakes can happen, but when a doctor fails to recognize and correct an error during surgery, the result may be a permanent disability or life-threatening illness for the patient.
If a surgical error has left you seriously ill or injured, or if hospital negligence has resulted in otherwise avoidable death, you need an assertive attorney who makes sure that your rights are respected.
Common injuries resulting from errors include:
- Spinal cord injuries – Injuries to the spine can be devastating, resulting in partial or complete loss of motor control or sensation and leaving victims facing serious, often permanent problems or paralysis.
- Orthopedic surgery injuries – An error made during orthopedic surgery can result in complications such as an infection, severe disability or chronic pain, failure to diagnose heart attack/stroke and injuries from blood clots.
- Brain injuries – Failure to properly monitor a patient’s condition during surgery can result in severe or permanent brain injury. An anesthesiologist may fail to recognize abnormal vital signs, or a nurse may fail to report a change in condition or symptoms to the doctor. An undetected brain hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain), improperly clotting blood or prescription errors can also result in serious brain or neurological injuries.
- Birth injuries – Fetal injuries can occur before or during childbirth. Doctors may fail to diagnose a mother’s medical condition, such as preeclampsia, Rh incompatibility, and neonatal infection, during pregnancy. Instances of negligence include a health care provider failing to respond to the mother’s or fetus’s distress, incorrectly using forceps or a vacuum extractor or failing to anticipate a tangled umbilical cord. Permanent fetal injuries such as cerebral palsy, seizure disorders or death may result.
Has A Misdiagnosis Resulted In A Serious Illness That Could Have Been Prevented?
When a doctor fails to provide you with competent care, the result may be a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a serious or life-threatening illness. When your illness goes undiagnosed, you cannot receive the treatment you need in a timely manner. This delay in treatment can be fatal.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable in Indiana medical malpractice law and put clients first. We build a strong case and seek the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Prescription Errors Can Be Fatal
Prescription errors occur when the wrong medication is prescribed or medication is prescribed to treat a misdiagnosed condition and the patient is harmed. In a hospital or nursing home, drugs may be incorrectly administered to patients by nurses or staff.
The most common prescription errors involve inaccurate dosing, with patients getting too little or too much of a drug. Doctors, pharmacists or health care facilities can accidentally overdose a patient, causing neurological deficits, disabilities or death. Our lawyers have proven experience in malpractice law and know what to expect. They aggressively approach these complex cases.
For Reliable Legal Advice, Contact Us
Park Woody Vaughan, P.C., has the experience and resources to handle complex medical negligence cases. You receive a free initial consultation and pay for services rendered on a contingency fee basis. Visit our Indianapolis office on the corner of Delaware and Ohio.